The whole concept of coworking is a bit new-age and appeals to the younger generations. So, logically, new technological gadgets are likely to accompany this atmosphere (as well as likely contribute to it!). We’ve pulled some of our favorite gadgets that can aid members in their coworking journey, making them more productive, efficient, and…yes, probably cooler-looking too.
- The Meeting Owl. This cool bird isn’t just for Harry Potter fans. Designed for high tech video conferencing, the owl rotates it’s eight microphones to cue in to each individual speaker, and has a panoramic 360 degree view of the room where the meeting is held. It also features echo and noise cancellation features to ensure every last comment is heard by listeners. If video conferencing is a frequent must for you, give this hooter a closer look!
- Light Phone. This business-card-sized simplistic phone is designed to have your work calls forwarded to it as needed/desired, but to be otherwise extremely straightforward and non-distracting for important lunches or conference meetings where your attention is best directed at an audience or project. We could all use some time away from our screens, and that’s exactly what the creators of the light phone had in mind.
- Fidgi Pen. Many of us naturally fidget when brainstorming or working through projects. Keep your hands busy while your mind ponders with this specially designed fidget pen, with numerous points of attached fidgetry alongside being a useful writing utensil. Any other pen will leave your disappointed after adding this one to your tool belt!
- Solar Phone Charger. There are dozens of different models of these, but if you are fortunate enough to get a window seat in your workspace, a solar charger can be a great addition. It beats the alternative of trying to locate power outlet and ensuring you have a cord long enough to reach your workstation.
- Multi-Laptop Windows. While these are in the process of completion, anyone who has had duel desktop monitors knows how incredibly useful multiple screens can be. Having one window open on one side to use as you go, rather than having to constantly open and minimize again saves significant time and frustration. The fact that you can have this option now on a laptop is incredible.
Our favorite aspect of all of these items is that they are small, convenient, and easy to carry along with you day-to-day, as coworking members tend to operate on their own (often fluctuating) unique schedule. Any other favorite gadgets get you going throughout the day? We’d love to hear more about the trinkets you find most helpful! Comment below to offer your insight.